August 7, 2012
12:00 pm - 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm - 4:30 pm ET
Meet the Presenter
The ePolicy Institute™
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT YOUR REGISTRATION OPTIONS
All organizations need effectively-written business policies. Strategic implementation of a program that combines written rules with employee education (supported by policy management tools) can minimize or prevent costly and protracted risks, while mandating appropriate business behavior, and maximizing compliance with legal, regulatory, and organizational guidelines.
Here are three good reasons why every credit union needs effective written policies:
- Credit unions are obligated to maintain lawful and civil business environments. Written policies can communicate formal rules to everyone – from full-time employees to independent contractors.
- Compliance cannot be expected from an uninformed workforce. Effective written policies set forth what constitutes appropriate, acceptable, and lawful business behavior.
- In case of a lawsuit or regulatory investigation, effective written policies will help demonstrate adherence to best practices and a commitment to operating a civil, compliant business environment.
Regardless of your comfort, skill, or experience as a policy writer, this program will improve the quality and effectiveness of your credit union’s policy writing, training, and compliance management program.
- Proven three-step formula for policy writing success
- How to apply the ABCs of effective policy writing
- How and why you should conduct an annual policy audit
- Smartphones, social media, web 2.0: 21st century technology tools require 21st century rules and policies
- Best practices for writing effective policies
- Why and how you must support written policy with effective employee training
- Using technology to automate policy management
- Applying the 3-Es of policy compliance management: establish policy, educate employees and enforce policy compliance
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This session is a must for anyone who is responsible for writing, implementing, and managing employment and electronic policies. HR, training, IT, legal, and compliance professionals will have a particular interest in this program.