August 29, 2012
12:00 pm - 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm - 4:30 pm ET
Meet the Presenter
Tim Harrington, CPA, TEAM Resources
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT YOUR REGISTRATION OPTIONS
An NCUA federal regulation requires all new directors to become “financially literate” within six months of joining the board. As a board member, you have an obligation to know and understand how your credit union performs financially. In today’s demanding environment, it is not enough to come to meetings and trust that other board members understand the financial statements and ratios; or that if something is amiss, the CEO will let you know. Each director, regardless of background, has an obligation to understand the credit union’s financial condition. (While this regulation only applies to federally-chartered credit unions, the information presented will benefit state-chartered credit unions as well.)
This webinar will help you understand what balance sheets and income statements really mean. Important ratios which should be monitored during the course of the year will be covered. You will also gain a deeper understanding of the relationship between profit and capital, and why both are important.
- The basic building blocks of financial understanding
- What do regulators look for and why?
- Why do the CAMELs actually matter, and not just from a regulatory standpoint?
- What are the most important items for a director to watch?
- Understanding a spread analysis
- Comprehending the importance of capital
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will be beneficial for directors, Supervisory Committee members, other volunteers, volunteers in training, CEOs, managers, senior management personnel, and other staff.
DESIGNED FOR DIRECTORS
Don’t miss the companion webinar on September 18!
- This webinar will include a letter of attendance certification and electronic training log that can be provided to regulators. All registrants will receive the attendance certification and training log, regardless of whether they attend the live or archived version.
- The archived on-demand web link will be available by the third Thursday of the month, so you can easily incorporate this training into your regular board meeting. Or the link may be accessed any time 24/7 for unlimited viewing beginning six business days after the webinar!
Advanced Financial Literacy Update for
New & Experienced Directors: ALM Primer &
New Financial, Accounting & Risk Issues